If you are a fan of behind the scenes stuff of being a rock star..then this is for you. Here you get see Ace, Gordon Gebert, and a couple of other people fight with Ace about money, touring, his girlfiend, etc… It says at the end KISS & TELL the DVD is comming……i’d watch!!
IF you don’t know who Godron Gebert is…read here
Ok…so it’s Saturday night and I have nothing better to do than to watch the KISS / Motley Crue press conference. Here are my thoughts while watching the press conference.
- What the hell is with KISS and late night talk show hosts? They go on Conan O’ Brian in 95, get Conan to intro them at the Reunion Press conference, have Leno do the interview on the You Wanted The Best album, do skits on Leno…etc and now they have George Lopez (ex late night talk show host) at the press conference.
- Are there any fans in the audience or just press people? Hardly no reaction when each band is introduced.
- Ok..the costumes…
- Mick Mars looks like he is bored to death when Paul is talking!!
- Nice to see Gene make joke about a 3D version of Tommy’s sex video! He always takes things way to serious.
- Gene’s costume looks almost to big for his body! Strange.
- So far Nikki has nothing to say, and Paul won’t shut up!!
- They bleep out Gene’s “Bullshit music” line…but leave in all the “fucks” Vince says!! Then they live in the second bullshit…nice.
- Gene throws his mike into the audience so a TV guy can ask a question. The question was “Is there a song you would like the other band to play” (not those exact words..but you get it). Tommy puts the mike to his mouth, then Nikki answers Parasite (an AWESOME answer by the way) and Tommy never speaks again. Paul’s answer is Wild Side. Way to go out on a limb Paul.
- Vince was the only from Motley to llok like they were having a good time.
- Watch when they do the last photo opp….everybody is holding up the nice cameras and then there is one guy with in iPhone!!
You can pre-order the KISS Madness shirt. In case you don’t know KISS is playing a free show in New Orleans next week during the final four. I really dig the shirt. I really dig Paul with the basketball!!
Click the photo to pre-order the shirt!!
Can’t get enough KISS music wherever you are….now there’s an app for that. KISS RADIO! Kiss music 24 hours a day!!
Here are a couple of screen shots
Here is the link to the app for Iphone:
Found this last night on Ebay, thought it was kind of funny and cool at the same time. It’s a high school year book from 1976 with a picture of Tommy Thayer in it!! Back then we was only “Tom Thayer”. Very strange to think KISS was hitting their peak of popularity then and here is Tommy in high school!!
Ok..so I was surfing around Ebay last night and found this auction. It is for 12/3/80 Auckland, New Zeland show. This was Ace’s last show until the reunion. I can’t question if this tape was actually owned by Eric Carr as the auction states, but I do have a few questions about it that maybe someone can answer.
- Here is a quote from the auction listing: “YEARS LATER SOME PEOPLE HAVE MADE ROUGHN COPIES FROM THIS TAPE AND HAVE PUT THEM INTO CD FORM. BUT ALTHOUGH THEY SOUND VERY GOOD, NOTHING IS LIKE THE SOUND YOU WILL HEAR FROM THE ONE AND ONLY!”. Wouldn’t be the exact same? I mean you are just making a copy of a tape. Plus when it’s put on CD you can edit the sound before you burn it to cd. I am sure who ever put it on CD tried to cut the tape “hiss” and improve the over all sound quality.
- “SOME PEOPLE HAVE MADE ROUGH COPIES FROM THIS TAPE”. What people? So you are not the original owner? If there are CD copies (which there are, I picked this up like 10 years ago a Konvention in Detroit!) what makes is so special to pay that price. Yes it may have been owned by Eric Carr, but this is nothing that we have not heard.
- More statements from the auction: ‘ORIGINAL NOT A COPY!!!
THIS AUCTION IS FOR AN AMAZING PART OF KISS HISTORY!
THIS IS THE GENUINE CASSETTE TAPE REMOVED FROM THE ENGINEER SOUNDBOARD
IN AUCKLAND AUSTRILIA ! BUT IF YOU LISTEN TO THE TAPE IT IS THE REST OF AUCKLAND, SO IT WAS PROPERLY ALSO USED FOR THE PERTH SHOW AND THEN AUCKLAND WAS TAPED OVER THE NEXT SHOW,
SO THIS TAPE MADE IT ROUNDS WITH THE BAND. SO if this tape has made the rounds with the band….how do we know this is not a copy of the original tape??
Here are a few samples of what the show sounds like:
KISS Auckland, New Zeland 12/3/80
Here are the dates for the KISS / Motley Crue Tour:
THE TOUR: Tickets here
20 – Jiffy Lube Live – Bristow, VA
21 – Farm Bureau Live – Virginia Beach, VA
22 – Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion – Raleigh, NC
24 – Aaron’s Amphitheater at Lakewood – Atlanta, GA
25 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre – Charlotte, NC
27 – Cruzan Amphitheatre – West Palm Beach, FL
28 – 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheater – Tampa, FL
31 – Oak Mountain Amphitheatre – Pelham, A\L
3 – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Woodlands, TX
4 – Gexa Energy Paviliion – Dallas, TX
7 – Hard Rock Casino Presents: The Pavilion – Albuquerque, NM
8 – Comfort Dental Amphitheater – Englewood, CO
10 – Ashley Furniture Home Store Pavilion – Phoenix, AZ
11 – Mandalay Bay Arena – Las Vegas, NV
12 – Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre – Chula Vista, CA
14 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater – Irvine, CA
16 – Sleep Train Pavilion – Concord, MA
18 – White River Amphitheatre – Auburn, WA
19 – Sleep Country Amphitheater – Ridgefield, CT
24 – Rock Jam Grand – Junction, CO
26 – BOK Center – Tulsa, OK
27 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre – Maryland Heights, MO
29 – Minnesota State Fair – Minneapolis, MN
31 – Riverbend Music Center – Cincinnati, OH
1 – Klipsch Music Center – Noblesville, IN
2 – First Niagara Pavilion – Burgettstown, PA
4 – Bridgestone Arena – Nashville, TN
5 – DTE Energy Music Theatre – Clarkston, MI
7 – First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre – Tinley Park, IL
8 – Alpine Valley Music Theater – East Troy, MI
11 – Allegan County Fair – Allegan, MI
12 – Blossom Music Center – Cuyahoga Falls, OH
13 – Molson Amphitheatre – Toronto, ON
15 – Darien Lake PAC – Darien Lake, NY
16 – Comcast Center – Mansfield, MA
18 – Toyota Pavilion – Scranton, PA
19 – Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ
21 – PNC Bank Arts Center – Holmdel, NJ
22 – Nikon at Jones Beach – Wantagh, NY
23 – Comcast Theater – Hartford, CT